Tuesday, June 17, 2008

another one bites the dust

Here's what my desk looked like this morning...

Worth mentioning...
  • It's not my desk, it's my sister's. I'm staying in her room, at my mum's house, while my divorce is finalised. I try to laugh the scenario off to stop from shooting myself in the knees.
  • It's also not my cat. She visits me from next door. I don't think she gets much love at home. We share my toast for breakfast. I've named her Ging. Hard g, rhymes with sing. La la la.
  • That's my semi-new laptop. I love him.
  • Yes, that's a netball with eyes and you'll have to ask little sis about that.
  • All that shit on the wall? They're my to-do lists. Without them, I would be lost. Closer inspection I hear you ask? Well, sure...

A little hard to read, but not the point really. These pieces of paper represent the major tasks I have been endeavouring to achieve during the past three months. They include getting my visa, selling my car, booking my flights etc etc. You'll notice the highlighter. Checking items is the entire point of list-making. Oh, the sense of accomplishment.

Note lack of hot pink on bottom left A4. It's waiting for my separation agreement and hence, property settlement to finalise. This has been the bane of my existence. When it's complete, the only bane left in my existence will be to find out what bane means. Well, that's what I thought this morning before the best text message ever led to...

Can I get a whoop whoop? No? Just me then? Fine. Whoop whoop. Typing this I am swimming in a pretty pink sea of highlighted paper. No floaties required. Just one last thing though...

It's only minor, right?



1 comment:

Rick M said...

Ahhh, an insight! That cat? It scares me. It looks like a James Bond villain. Not his cat, the actual villain.

And that volleyball? One word: Wilsooooon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails