Wednesday, April 8, 2009

actually, we're practically empty

many moons ago, i intended to bring this to your attention. i let it slip my mind, as i do many things, but recent events have brought it back to the fore.

yesterday, i was shocked to be sent a facebook invitation to join a group called "fuck off, we're full".

in this case, we refers to australia. some may call it patriotic. i call it blatant racism and complete ignorance.

fuck you. you're racist. and you can't spell.

we are so far from full. as far as population density goes, we are 232nd on the list. 232nd on a list that only runs to 238. no, i do not store that kind of info. wikipedia rocks my world.

regardless though of whether or not we're full, who says you have more of a right to live in australia because you were born there? consider yourself lucky, not entitled. immigrants, emmigrants, refugees, asylum seekers: as a general rule, they probably contribute a whole lot more to our beautiful sunburnt country than most people who choose join such a bigoted crusade. and they have almost certainly worked harder.

argh. words fail me. rick's do not.

2 comments:

Siamese Saffron said...

ahhh, you know I worked as a refugee caseworker for a few months and had to deal with fuckwits like that every day, those who thought it was their god given right to this country and that no one else should be so lucky. if someone told me to go back to where I came from, I think I'd punch them in the face. and then steal their shoes, if they were nice.

I do seriously recommend you delete that bastard who asked you to join that group - stupid people on Facebook are even worse than stupid people in real life. well, sometimes.

Rick M said...

I like your words Jax (very hard to make a weird nickname out of this, just so you know). I had forgotten about that blog and how angry it made me.

Australia: it was the best of times, it was the blurst of times...

Related Posts with Thumbnails