Friday, June 12, 2009

scars, newspapers and unicorns

061 Pack your bags, we're going to Porto. No, wait. Iiiiii'm going to Porto. Today. Sweet.

062 When I find myself a favourite song, I play it ad nauseam. I know everyone does this but I really go overboard. Boom Boom Pow has been the only song playing on my iPod since Monday. It's so hard not to bust a move on Upper Street when will.i.am 'drop(s) the beat now'.

063 I have a scar over my left eyebrow from when I was punched in the face in Year 12. Four stitches. I have a scar on my right hand which I've had for as long as I can remember - but I can't remember how I got it. I have perma-scars on my heels from repeatedly wearing foot-destroying shoes (but they would have been pretty so totally worth it). I have a scar on my right knee which I've already told you about. I have a chicken pox scar on my tummy. Or should that be pock? I have a scar on my right pointer finger from a broken stein at Oktoberfest. I like scars because they tell a story, and I like stories.

064 My hands are my new project. They've been destroyed by a combination of kettle bells and my nervous habit of biting my skin. They'll be George Costanza-perfect by the end on the month - I hope.

065 I am passionate about gym etiquette. There are many rules (that I've made up). The big one is personal space on the group fitness floor and that lady with the rat's tail (not joking) in my combat class keeps BREAKING THE RULE. On a much more superficial level, I can't help but share an internal giggle with myself at the cool kids who wear gloves for combat. The instructor wears gloves so her hands are more visible to participants. Why the hell do you, Tyson?

066 Today would have been Anne Frank's 80th birthday. I am fascinated by all things Holocaust. Anne Frank's attitude was/is inspiring.

067 This game is definitely stopping at 100. Over it.

068 I have changed roles at work and my 'new job' requires me, among other things, to read newspapers. It's been kind of fun doing it on my own time for a while but I'm glad it's part of my nine to five again.

069 I used to think bats were like unicorns until my mum moved to Queensland.

well, if that's not cohabiting, i don't know what is.

070 I am keeping a really big secret and it's the best secret in the world and I love it, I love it, I love it. I can't wait to tell the world although, in the meantime, I'm quite enjoying keeping it to myself.

5 comments:

Rick M said...

Oh oh, I love secrets. Is it a bear? On a unicycle? Or a big reveal where you tell us your alter ego is Catwoman, keeper of moggies and occasional fighter of neighbourhood crime?

I am tres excited. Bring it on!

Boxicro: A crow in a box!

Anonymous said...

Bet i can guess...

jax said...

Bet i can guess who you are...


...and rick, you'll be one of the first to know x

katyhelena said...

I like scars, too. I have more than my fair share, but I do like that they tell a story.
Oooh, and I love Anne Frank! I'm fascinated by her. Glad to know she would be 80 if she had lived. I would have loved to meet her.

jax said...

okay, so my guess was wrong so i am glad no one took me up on the bet.

but my second guess was on the money and the anonymous commenterererer knows what she's talking about. she will learn more in the near future.

brackberry prans for all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails