Wednesday, September 16, 2009

a little shout out

so, i am totally leaving london tomorrow. for good. i’m packing my life – well, my shoes (so many shoes) – into my backpack and i’m starting again…again…in sydney, australia.

i have had such a wonderful, amazing, jam-packed time here that i am sad to be leaving. yet i am so excited about what’s ahead for me and that excitement trumps the sadness. i think about how lucky i am to feel that way every day.

although i’ve only been in london just over a year, what i am leaving behind is significant. beyond the convenient geography, the never-ending to-do list (the good kind) and the plum job, i am saying goodbye to some of the most amazing people i’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting.

a few examples

my london crew – and you guys know who you are – are simply beautiful. it started with summer fun in the south of france and continued with countless hours, days, weeks, months of hanging, laughing, playing, drinking, loving.

and i woke up with chocolate in my pocket. best night ever.

and i do love them. i love the people they are and the kind of friends they’ve each been to me. as well as the fun times, it would be remiss of me not to mention, albeit vaguely, those times they’ve been there when things weren’t so happy-go-lucky. when life was kind of kicking me in the shins.

sisters, by blood and otherwise

so, i would like to say thank you for taking me in, thank you for chasing after handbag thieves, thank you for letting me cry on your shoulders, thank you for being happy for me when those tears finally dried up, thank you for making me feel part of something special.


you shall be missed
xox


2 comments:

Rick M said...

*Sob*

That...was...beautiful.

But we're getting you back, and I am selfishly glad. And I just used an Oxford Comma. So shoot me!

mativer: Spanish version of MacGuyver, but with more hair.

jax said...

oooo, i love an oxford comma. and starting sentences with and. that paragraph was beautiful to read.

see you soon.

xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails