Friday, April 23, 2010

cheesecakey oreo goodness

i like beautiful photos. they're often of beautiful girls with beautiful clothes and, i've noticed lately, there's often a slice of beautiful, strategically-placed sunlight.

speaking of slices, i like cake. and chocolate. and cookies. and ice cream. and anything that even resembles dessert.

here's a beautiful photo. of dessert.


ahh, yeh. i'm speechless too. lucky i have a keyboard.

when i saw this photo somewhere in the depth of the www, i followed the trail. i followed and followed until i discovered the recipe for these little gems comes to you courtesy of martha stewart.

being australian, all i really know about martha is oprah loves (maybe loved?) her and she used to be in jail. but anyone who combines oreos with cheesecake is okay by me.

so anyway, i made these - all under the guise of contributing to easter celebrations. here's how.

ingredients - makes 30
42 oreos - 30 left whole, 12 coarsely chopped
2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
pinch of salt

method
1. preheat oven to 135 degrees celcius (275 degrees fahrenheit). line standard muffin tins with paper liners. place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.

2. with an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. gradually add sugar and beat until combined. beat in vanilla.

3. drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. beat in sour cream and salt. stir in chopped cookies by hand.

4. divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, for about 22 minutes. transfer to wire racks to cool completely. refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). remove from tins just before serving.

okay so firstly, freaking yum!!! but that was a given. this recipe did make more like 40 than 30 so next time i will definitely halve it. i also left them in the oven for more like 30 minutes. not sure if that made a diff.

ultimately, this was super easy and not too many fussy ingredients which i like. it has meant additional visits to the gyms but, totally worth it!

9 comments:

jprp said...

ummmm, yum! it's my birthday on sunday (yeah, i had to add that in!) so i'm thinking someone should probably make these for me!!!

Melissa@Suger Coat It said...

OMG. Saw. And immediately needed to pop over and see for myself. Yummo.

Karls said...

Ooooooo! Mouthgasm!

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

GET OUT! They are fabulous and I too am drooling and speechless and more than a little gobsmacked. Must make those!

Emelie Stanfield said...

Oh I'm soo happy to have met a fellow sweet tooth here in blogger land! I've only just discovered the joys of Martha S myself, and actually linked to one of her recipes for - wait for it - Lemon Meringue Cupcakes(!) last week :)

Anyways, thank you so much for your darling comment. I truly look forward to follow your lovely blog too. x

mel said...

yum.
that is all.

Caity said...

Oreos are my favorite thing ever. This is so awesome and I absolutely adore that photo, too! :D

Rachel Cotterill said...

Hmm, I'm not a fan of Oreos, but if I had one of these in front of me I don't think I could resist! ;)

Maureen said...

Oh boy! Thanks God that's just a picture LOL! My waist would hate me if I let myself go and indulge on those LOL.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest from Indonesia!

Related Posts with Thumbnails