Tuesday, November 23, 2010

reintroducing my friend rick

i wrote this yesterday. it was sitting in drafts because i already posted yesterday. i know i am allowed to post twice in the space of 24 hours but i just can't - consider it my personal form of OCD. anyway, i decided i must post now while the topic is hot (physically, metaphorically). and it's hot because: one of the greatest posts ever written by the man i am about to speak of was yesterday posted on mamamia. please read it. it's truly amazing. and i am so. damn. proud.

there's this guy. his name is rick. he's not my boyfriend but i do kind of love him. i met him ahhh, about five years ago i think and, because both of us suffer from a very weird disease called socially-inept-around-new-people-but-i'll-get-there-and-then-we'll-be-great-mates, we didn't really talk much and just stewed in our respective corners of the newsroom.

and then one day, something happened. and i don't even remember what but i bet you it was awesome. the result? i realised this rick guy was fucking great. we started chatting more and my realisation only strengthened.

then we both discovered the other had this secret blog thing going. wow? you too? really? what's the address? i read and read and read and read. i couldn't stop. rick's blog was fucking amazing. hilarious for a start but also so very clever and, importantly, as honest and raw as any i've ever read.

that blog doesn't live in cyberspace anymore. rick got a new job, which was great, except it meant goodbye to the public display of all those fantastic words.

hiatus over. rick has returned to blogger through the ambiguity report and i am fucking stoked.

i am also swearing a lot. sorry. i try not to mostly. but this is a swear-worthy post because i am passionate about this guy and his words. i am so glad the two of them have reunited.

read his stuff. be inspired.

10 comments:

Rick M said...

Honey, wow. I return every fucking sentiment right back atcha (I'm swearing too, it just feels so right!)

Love, love your work and I'm glad to be back!

On a side note, I don't get to play the Captcha word game anymore as it doesn't show up? I feel empty in the 'acting like a loon' part of my heart.

xxoo

Melissa @Suger Coat It said...

Am going to check it out now. Great post. I love friendships like that. And a blogger too. Sigh. Perfecto.

ps. Love the one post per day thing. I often think the same thing. Some days I can't help myself though.

Megan Leslianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juliana Joan said...

i am new to blogging, but i found your blog today and read it, I really love your writing, and totally agree with the socially-inept-around-new-people disorder, i am a fellow sufferer. if you find a cure be sure to let me know about that.
i hate to be that check out my blog girl, but hey check out my blog?
sneezewithopeneyes.blogspot.com

Wholesale Coach outlet said...

Hi, it's a great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Thank you for your sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Can’t wait to read the next ones :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Mate. This blog is amazing. How can I make it look this good ?.

Anonymous said...

Lovely sharp post. Never thought that it was this easy. Extolment to you!.

llq said...

Hello. I found this blog randomly, but I enjoy how thought provoking your words are. I hope you update soon.vintage wedding!?! Christian Louboutin Pumps Column Wedding Dresses

Related Posts with Thumbnails